2021 State Meet
The 2021 version of the WNSL State Meet will be held at the famed Birkie Start area near Cable. In just a few years, the facility has blossomed into one of the finest ski race venues in the State with excellent trails and facilities for races and spectators alike. It should be an exciting weekend of racing that will start on Friday as teams arrive and test out the course in practice.
Course maps are available on the Race Information page.
Find race results for the weekend, including start lists.
Please note, we will be monitoring the situation around the Covid-19 virus and taking mitigation steps to help assure a safe event and venue for everyone involved. Keep in mind the structure of the weekend’s races can change as circumstances change and we will do our best to post that information here on a timely basis. Below is a list of our current protocols and procedures.
Coaches should review the Covid screening requirements for teams on the Registration page.
Spectator Covid Screening Form : Spectators should complete this form. If they answer yes to either of the final two questions, they cannot attend. Note, spectators are limited to two per athlete and should be on-site for their race only.
Additional Covid Precautions/Procedures
- Social distancing when possible is expected.
- Masks will be worn at the venue.
- If you are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19, currently have Covid-19 or are under quarantine, you cannot attend.
- Skiers will wear masks in the start area and finish area after they are done racing. They will not be expected to wear masks while they race.
- All buildings will be closed to public access and limited to race personnel on an as needed basis only.
- Water and energy drink will not be available at the finish. Athletes should plan to have a supply of water and energy drink for their personal needs.
- Results will be posted online and there will be no posted result on-site. A link to the results site will be available on this website and with QR codes posted around the stadium.
- There will be no concessions available. Plan on bringing your own food and refreshments.
- Spectators are limited to two per athlete and should be on-site for their race only.
- All races are live-streamed and a link will be provided here prior to race day.
There will be additional protocols in place that will not require your attention, but will impact how the race and related activities around the facility will be managed. Be aware that not everything will be like last year.
Sign-up and get up-to-the-minute updates on State Meet news and announcements delivered to your email inbox. This list is intended for anyone regardless if you are a parent, skier, coach or just a fan of cross-country skiing.
State Meet Gear Available
Place your order by Feb 18.
Get your 2021 State Meet gear by placing an order before the State Meet and picking it up on race weekend at the Birkie Start Area. We have a variety of gear available that can view by clicking on the order forms. Print the form and follow the instructions for reserving your gear now. We do not plan to have gear available for purchase at the race, so get your order in by the dates indicated on the order form to assure you get your special edition gear.
State Meet Raffle
Since the State Meet was postponed until the first weekend in March, we will move the drawing date to March 7, 2021. You can request tickets following the instructions on the raffle page.
Once again, we will be offering a raffle for some great prizes that include, a top-of-the-line pair skis and binding from Fisher. You can check out all the major prizes that will be drawn for on Sunday at the State Meet. There are a limited number of tickets that will be sold and you can purchase your tickets right now if you wish. Check out all the great stuff and detail on our Raffle page.
If you would like to help with the State Meet as a volunteer, there will be lots of positions available that you can sign-up to work. We will have a sign-up site set- up for you to pick a spot and sign-up If you are associated with one of the participating teams, your volunteer hours will benefit the team of your choice as we pay them based on the hours you volunteer.
Once again, we will be Livestreaming the entire State Meet on the Internet. Engage Livestream Broadcasting and CXC will be producing the broadcast and bring you live action all weekend long. Dennis Kruse will be our host and provide the commentary to help you follow along with all the action. Follow the link below to access the streaming site. Save the link as well since you will be able to watch this event afterwards if you can’t view it live ,